

There are many times in life when we find ourselves thinking deeply. We reflect as seasons change, or when world events are unsettled, or when disasters happen, whether near or far. Sometimes it's simple tasks that cause a long string of thought.
Whenever I am straightening in my house, I find that I spend a lot of time looking back and thinking about the things that I am putting away. The task that always takes me the longest, is getting rid of a stack sitting on almost any clear surface. These stacks just grow there. It doesn't matter how many times I've cleared them before. They are always there. I can do a lot of reflecting then. It can remind me of jury duty that has passed ...I didn't have to go this time, or of sales that I missed, or maybe I didn't. It can remind me of things that I purchased, and things that I didn't and probably didn't need anyway. Sometimes, I get an idea of what to cook for dinner, or find a coupon so we can go out:) There were elections, more than one, and events at church, and things that happened in town.
Mail can induce time traveling. It can take me back to last Christmas; yes there are some stacks that magically reappear. I don't think they've been there all year long. And then all the Christmases before and to come. They can remind me of fun places we've been or the ones that we haven't seen yet. They can remind me of dear people who I see often, ones I don't get to see often or have never even met.
And then I find that I'm totally distracted from the task and enjoying doing something else, whether it's reading a magazine or book that I found, or making a phone call or looking at photos or making an entry in my blog:)
1 comment:
Wow I can't believe we are connecting this way. How cool is that! Now we can catch up with you guys too. Merry Christmas
Post a Comment